CHARTERED A PRIVATE PLANE IN GEORGIA TO TRANSPORT TO TESTING FACILITIES
With limited time to maintain lab sample viability and no cargo flight options available, Marken chartered a private plane today to transport biological samples from clinical trial patients to testing facilities outside the country of Georgia.
- Pick up from various investigator sites across Georgia and delivering biological samples to several central labs located in Europe (UK, BE, CH, DE and NL) within stability and good time.
- Total of 74 Boxes were moved, 36 Ambient, 34 Frozen and 4 Refrigerated
- Temporary suspension of all commercial international traffic from Georgia announced on very short noticed on 19th March 2020
- No commercial airline or freighter was operating for one week from Georgia as the country went into complete lockdown
- Road Feeder Truck from airline or direct drive was not an option given the transit time and geographical location of the country
- Chartering a Cessna Citation X from TBS to LBG airport departing TBS 25th March 2020 and landing in LBG 26th March 2020 with subsequent handover to Marken including customs clearance and recovery for delivery on March 26th and 27th to all central labs across Europe.
Central labs received their lab samples in time and in spec.
Marken is a wholly owned subsidiary of the UPS Healthcare Division. With Polar Speed and Marken included, the UPS division staffs 128 locations with 5000 employees worldwide. Marken maintains the leading position for Direct to Patient and Home Health care services, biological sample shipments and offers a state-of-the-art GMP-compliant depot network and logistics hubs in 54 locations worldwide for clinical trial material storage and distribution. Marken’s dedicated 1200 staff members manage 90,000 drug and biological shipment every month at all temperature ranges in more than 220 countries Additional services such as biological kit production, ancillary material sourcing, storage and distribution, shipment lane verification and qualifications, as well as GDP, regulatory and compliance consultancy as to Marken’ unique position in the pharma and logistics industry.
Issued April 2020Back to Index