Direct to/from Patient
Marken is the industry leader for Direct to Patient (DTP) and Direct from Patient Services (DFP), and we continue to set the standard in the clinical trial supply chain to enable patients to participate in trials around the globe.
Our patient-centric services deliver clinical trial materials and retrieve biological samples directly to and from a patient’s location, with quality guaranteed through full temperature monitoring from pick up to delivery. Marken offers DTP and DFP services in over 80 countries.
Marken’s solutions provide the following advantages for patients and clinical trial researchers:
- Participation in trials from the comfort and convenience of patient’s home, office or vacation destination
- Enrollment of patients who live long distances from an investigator site, or who have difficulty traveling due to health or age-related issues
- Home pickup and delivery of collected biological specimens by Marken’s integrated home health care solutions
- Marken ApolloTM, our centralized DTP/DFP and HHC management platform, provides sites and homecare providers with end-to-end visibility for easier home visit scheduling and streamlined data collection
- 24/7/365 global patient support available through our Patient Communications Center (PCC)
These benefits can often result in:
- Higher patient retention rates
- Increased protocol compliance
- Improved patient recruitment through greater willingness of patients to participate in the trial
Study protocols are increasingly complex, needing extensive data collection, and utilizing complicated drug regimens. Patients can be deterred from taking part in a trial by the need for frequent travel to a clinical site for routine drug administration and simple tests. Around 30% of patients drop out before study completion, leading to data loss, and potential approval delays. The new model for home health care allows visits to be conducted in a patient’s home to improve patient engagement, and bringing the wider medical community to them improves compliance.
Our experience with virtual trials include:
- Delivery of clinical trial materials from an investigator site, pharmacy or GMP depot directly to the patient’s home
- Home pickup and delivery of collected biological specimens
- Home pickup and return of unused/partially used/expired clinical trial materials for return to investigator site
- Global Home Health Care services to administer investigational medicinal products (IMP), take samples and record information while listening to patients improves both recruitment and retention in clinical trials
- The support of different DTP supply chain models through our Marken network