For more information about us, please see: https://www.marken.com/
For more information about how we use the personal data that we may collect through cookies, please see our Privacy Notice here .
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and these types enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.
Cookies we use
The main categories of cookies we use include:
- Strictly necessary cookies. Strictly necessary cookies are essential to enable you to receive a service on a website. For example, cookies to operate our online shipment tracking (e.g. Marken Maestro, Marken Fast Track), or to comply with the law (e.g. such as to keep your information safe). We would not be able to operate our website without using “strictly necessary” cookies.
- Performance cookies. These cookies allow us to count the number of visitors and collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance, which pages visitors go to most often and if they receive error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. Any information collected by these cookies is anonymous. We only use such information to improve our website.
- Functionality cookies. Functionality cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your log in details), customised preference settings (e.g. text size) and enable enhanced, more personal features where appropriate. These cookies are also used to provide services you have asked for such as applying for a job position on our website. Information collected by functionality cookies may or may not be anonymised, but they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. The functionality cookies on our website collect anonymous information.
- to help us to improve your experience of our website;
- to enable certain services on our website such as online shipment tracking (e.g. Marken Maestro, Marken Fast Track) and to ensure that our website performs as you expect it to;
- to help us understand browsing habits on our website;
- for internal record keeping;
- for product and service development;
- to answer your queries or complaints;
- for market research;
- to market our own products and services to you; and
- to create statistical analysis of activity on our website
How long cookies will be stored on your device
Except for strictly necessary cookies, all cookies will expire after 38 months.
List of non-strictly necessary cookies
We use the following non-strictly necessary cookies on our website:
|Google Analytics||Session||These cookies are used to collect anonymous information about how visitors use our site. We use this information to compile analytical reports which help us improve our website. The cookies collect information such as the number of visitors to our website, how they arrived there (e.g. directly from the internet or through linking from another website) and tracking which web pages they visited.|
|Google Analytics||Third-party||These cookies are used to gather information about your usage of and interaction with our website e.g. searches within the website, visit length, website pages visited. Although we do not infer or derive any further information from this data, we use it in combination with your marketing preferences (if any).|
|Social Media||Third-party||These cookies are used to gather information about your usage of and interaction with our website e.g. searches within the website, visit length, website pages visited. Although we do not infer or derive any further information from this data, we use it in combination with your marketing preferences (if any).|
How to manage your cookies
The browsers of most computers, smartphones and other web-enabled devices are typically set up to accept cookies. If you wish to amend your cookie preferences for our website or any other websites, you can do this through your browser settings. Your browser’s ‘help’ function will tell you how to do this. If you do not want the benefit of cookies, there is a simple procedure to manually delete your cookies.
Visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/stop-cookies-installed.html to see these. Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
However, please remember that cookies are often used to enable and improve certain functions on our website. If you choose to switch certain cookies off, it is likely to affect how our website works. For example, if your browser is set to disable ‘session’ cookies, although you will still be able to view our public website, you will not be able to log in to your online account.
Telephone: +44 (0)203 249 7508
Address: Ground Floor, 107 Power Road, Chiswick, London, W4 5PY, UK
Effective: 16 December 2019