Marken Sustainability Mission Statement
Marken is committed to fostering a sustainable future through continuous improvement and innovation. We strive to implement policies and operational efficiencies to reduce our environmental impact and make Marken a socially responsible company.
Our sustainability guiding principles include:
Design for the Environment:
- Design our services and packaging to reduce consumption of natural resources, minimize waste generated by our operations and encourage high rates of reuse and
- Minimize greenhouse gas emissions by optimizing energy selection and give preference to renewable energy sources to reduce our carbon footprint.
- We believe a profitable business can also be one that prioritizes their people and the communities it serves. Marken prioritizes the health and wellbeing of our employees and acknowledges our footprint in the communities in which we work. Fundamentally, our patients are at the heart of everything we do.
Fostering an Ethical Conscience:
- Through a strong governance program we can deliver ethical practices and commit to working with suppliers who share our common goals.
About Sustainability at Marken:
- Commencing 2023, Marken aims to reduce scope and scope 2 GHG emissions by 5% per annum year-on-year.
- Create a cost-effective pricing model for customers that is centered on ethical and environmental solutions by Q1, 2023.
- Provide a 100% closed loop solution for Marken clients (devoid of any single-use elements) by 2025.
- Reduce paper consumption by improving Marken IT infrastructure and software.
EcoVadis Bronze Medal:
Marken is honored to be awarded the prestigious EcoVadis Bronze Medal for our commitment to sustainability. The EcoVadis medal is one of the most competitive sustainability awards and we are proud to be among the top 50 percent of companies in our industry.
EcoVadis provides the leading solution for monitoring sustainability in supply chains. The company evaluates more than 75,000 companies on their environmental performance based on 21 indicators, divided into four categories: environment, labor & human rights, ethics, and sustainable procurement. The score of the evaluation demonstrates how well a company has integrated the principles of Sustainability/CSR into its business and management system.
Click the links below to view our sustainability policies: