UPS Drop-off Service (U.S.)
Marken worked closely with UPS® to develop a service to allow nurses to drop off clinical trial samples at The UPS Store® locations within the United States. This unique service provides patients and nurses greater flexibility for home care during clinical trials.
The key features of this service include:
- Nurses drop off blinded shipments after sample collection at patient homes in UPS stores
- Approximately 84% of the US population lives within 10 miles of a The UPS Store® location in the United States.
- All The UPS Store® locations have the capability to handle UN3373 and UN1845, as well as pre-packed, pre-paid shipments at all temperature ranges, including ambient, refrigerated and frozen samples
- Marken manages the booking of shipments to ensure protocol compliance, patient data blinding and data encryption
- Leveraging a network that is three times larger than UPS’s direct competitor
- The UPS Store® locations offer UPS Next Day Air® service, with early morning delivery to central and regional labs from many origins